- As a member of the Testing Team, the Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer will work closely with the Development and Product Management teams to develop quality software products. The Senior QA Engineer will need to possess imagination and creativity, along with the ability to provide expert level software testing skills, communication skills, and experience working in an agile development environment. The Senior QA Engineer will serve as a leader on the testing team and will provide guidance and influence to other engineers on how to effectively execute the test process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute Integration, System, Functional, and Regression test cases using both manual and automated testing approaches.
- Work in support of the Director of QA to help streamline testing processes for evaluating application features and determining software quality. Contribute to product and process improvement discussions and the refinement of QA best practices.
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously that could vary from system infrastructure changes to web application to API verification.
- Build an enterprise level automation solution focusing on integration and functional testing, along with managing the Continuous Integration Environment (Jenkins).
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product failures and log Software Defects.
- Work closely with the support organization to triage and troubleshoot Production Issues.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential project risks.
- Help build scalable and reusable testing documentations in support of both manual and automated testing efforts.
- Required Skills
- Passion for software Quality Assurance methodologies and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment (Development, QA, Product Management, Support).
- Expert level problem solving skills, with knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems.
- Expert understanding of the following:
- Automation framework development
- SDTC and SDLC
- Software architecture and design
- Browser, infrastructure, and remote device testing (including debug tools)
- Linux OS
- Web Services and REST Services
- Agile and SCRUM
- Test documentation creation
- Unit, Integration, Regression, and Functional testing techniques
- Source control systems such as SVN/GIT
- Basic understanding of the following:
- Bash scripting
- How systems are built and maintained. From compiling code to unit testing to functional testing to production deployments.
- Code branching methodologies
- Required Experience
- 5+ years of technical experience strongly related to Quality Assurance/Testing and evaluation of system architecture and web applications.
- 5+ years of experience in an incremental development project using Agile SCRUM
- Proven automation experience (Python a plus), or experience with scripting language, preferred over QTP (and similar software) experience.
- Experience serving as a subject matter expert within a testing team on test process development and software quality measurements.