Our client helps healthcare focus on HealthCare! Their platform helps medical device companies and hospitals communicate, schedule and coordinate inventory for surgeries. With their system, users can focus on patients and their needs instead of the logistics and details their software handles for them.
Our client is looking for a hands-on Java Development Manager to join their development team as a contributor and grow into the manager role.
- Responsibilities - at first, your job would be to program and learn their system and industry. Over time, your role would include teaching, mentoring, code review, solution design and managing the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Day-to-day activities - 90% hands-on coding and debugging and about 10% meetings and collaboration with teammates. Some time will be spent trying to understand users and their needs (minimal travel). Over time, you will spend more time leading the team and less time doing hands-on coding.
- Importance to organization - This position is important for the satisfaction of our user base. You would be on our client development team, which is responsible for deploying, maintaining, and enhancing the system.
- Experience - 10+ years of enterprise business application development in Java, full-lifecycle development, and has successful track record of being a lead on projects
- Technical Skills - Java for large-scale applications. Experience with ERP integrations a plus.
- Soft skills - Fast learner, fits well with team, no ego / humble, seeks to understand new things, cares about users
- On-site - for learning, collaborating and leading the team over time, it's important that you are in-person with the team in Rancho Bernardo area of San Diego.
- Amazing team - everyone at Movemedical is helpful, humble and hungry to learn and grow
- Free lunches
- Relationship Building
- Unlimited espressos (machine is from Italy)
- Great workspace
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent 401k match
- Solve a huge need for the industry