Our client was recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world as a venture-backed, post-Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. Our client transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We are looking for full-time instructors:
Why teach our Web Development Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for software development with the next generation of developers, we’d love for you to consider joining our team. We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for teachers who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As a full-time teacher for our flagship full-time web development program, you will join us on one of our many campuses to:
- Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in software development.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
What do we teach?
We give students the chance to spend focused time building at least 4 major projects, in addition to other smaller projects and labs. About 20% of overall class time is spent on dedicated project work.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working on a software development team.
- You have working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are fluent in
- HTML and CSS
- At least one JS MV* framework (Angular, Backbone, or React preferred)
- SQL databases (we generally use PosgreSQL)
- NoSQL (we generally cover MongoDB and Redis)
- At least one additional object-oriented language (Ruby preferred)